About Mosaic Montessori
Welcome to Mosaic Montessori Academy, your child’s source for a challenging, yet immensely rewarding, early school experience!
Our first campus in Beddington was founded in 2010, followed by the addition of our Royal Oak campus in 2013. Now we are scheduled to open our Parkdale campus in January 2020.
We are committed to providing CCMA accredited authentic Montessori education to Calgary families.
What Our School Offers…
Your Child as Our Student
- A carefully prepared and considered learning environment, ideally suited to your child
- Mixed age groups in each classroom (2 ½ – 6 years of age)
- The opportunity to progress at their pace based on their interests
- Activity based learning that focuses on your child’s sensitive periods
- Freedom, responsibility, and respect
- An environment that prioritizes cooperation and collaboration – as opposed to competition – with their peers and teachers
You As Parents
- On-going feedback of your child’s progress
- Educational nights to learn and understand what and how your child is learning
- Participation in many aspects of your child’s school life
- A supportive environment where children, parents, and teachers all work together for the betterment of your child
Our Educational Philosophy
As Canadian Council of Montessori Administrators (CCMA) accredited schools, our half-day CASA program adheres to the principles outlined in the Montessori Method to ensure your child is receiving the very best educational experience possible.
To quote our founder, Mrs. Shefun Ali:
“I believe that the teacher, parents, and child all work together to provide an enriched learning environment. Our classrooms will utilize the Montessori method at every opportunity to influence, guide, and nurture the intellectual and emotional development of our students.”
Mrs. Shefun Ali, Head Directress
Mrs. Shefun Jiwani Ali is the founder and Head Directress of Mosaic Montessori Academy. She has been teaching the Montessori method since 2003, and founded Mosaic Montessori Academy in 2010. Under her guidance, Mosaic Montessori Academy provides educational experiences that are deeply rooted in the Montessori Philosophy.
Mrs. Ali discovered her passion for early childhood education during her time at University. Through her research she learned more about the Montessori method and philosophy. The concepts underpinning the Montessori method resonated strongly with Mrs. Ali.
She completed her degree in education, and went on to complete her formalized Montessori training at Vancouver Montessori and ECE College. She graduated top of her class, earning valedictorian honors.
Ms. Maria is the Supervising Directress and Partner at Mosaic Montessori Academy. She has extensive training and experience in Montessori, having observed numerous Montessori classrooms in several countries.
Ms. Maria holds degrees in psychology, counseling, and educational leadership but teaching is her true passion. She has been teaching for over twenty years. Ms. Maria is mom to a Montessorian who is now a young adult. Her small family loves travelling, camping, and hiking.
Our Half-Day CASA Program
We offer two separate half-day CASA programs (morning/afternoon) for children between the ages of 2.5 and 6. Our CASA program covers a comprehensive list of classroom areas, such as:
- Practical life
- Language (reading and writing)
- Cultural Studies & Science
Our classroom times are as follows:
Morning Class: 8:30 AM – 11:30 AM
Afternoon Class 12:45 PM – 3:45 PM
Interested in enrolling your child? Learn about admissions, fees, and tuition.